North Texas Hand Center’s occupational therapy in Dallas, TX, is the leading and reliable therapy available at reasonable rate.
Occupational Therapy has been defined as a form of rehabilitative therapy that encourages recovery and recuperation from physical or mental ailments to support the daily performance activities necessary for carrying out occupation. North Texas Hand Center’s goal is to facilitate patient-centric improvement as a procedure using excellent occupational tools. This article is a discourse on tools North Texas Hand Center utilizes to deliver excellent occupational therapy in Dallas, TX, near you under certified and licensed occupational therapists.
A handwriter is an instrument used to help to draw the pencil in the right position, which some children may need. An injury severely hampers the best performance of an individual, so occupational therapists and renowned medical doctors at North Texas Hand Center administer the leading occupational therapy in Dallas, TX, to help you get up and about.
- Finger spacer- A finger spacer helps your child learn the correct space between words. It also helps to help children write the correct way (left to right). Check with your child’s school occupational therapist to determine the correct size finger spacer for your child’s needs.
- North Texas Hand Center has been using pencil weight as a great choice for children who struggle to read and indulge, and motor skills required for handwriting through the most recovery promising occupational therapy in Dallas, TX, to reactivate motor skills like handing, lifting, dropping, and other functions.
- Using an appropriate pencil weight, prescribed by bona fide North Texas Hand Center occupational therapists entrusted with a job to provide the best healing and leading occupational therapy in Dallas, TX. The device can help patients improve their writing capacity over time.
- Regular use of a finger spacer, pencil weight, and handiwriter can also help prevent nasal congestion over time and make it easier for patients to breathe.
- North Texas Hand Center uses these tools to bring dexterity and agility after hand surgery to hold onto things using hands under quick healing and five-star occupational therapy in Dallas, TX.
North Texas Hand Center has been treating scores of patients with a reliable and expert hand surgeon in Dallas, TX, who have years of practical experience in alleviating the pains from various severe diseases such as skin grafts, skin flaps, nerve repair, and extreme cases where arthritis takes a severe toll on the functioning of your hand for various tasks.
Schedule the North Texas Hand Center top-notch occupational therapy in Dallas, TX, by a top-grade occupational therapist on the website of North Texas Hand Center.
North Texas Hand care Center offers critical care under fully trained occupational therapists to monitor patient’s progress over time using regular health assessments. These evaluations help ensure that practitioners remain accountable and improve patient outcomes over time through occupational health programs.
- Occupational therapists also use the AMPS test for leading Occupational therapy in Dallas, TX. This test measures the processing and motor skills of the patient. This test is crucial in determining the patient’s early stage in the treatment process and helps during the process to determine when the treatment has achieved its goal.
- The AMPS test administered by qualified occupational therapists helps you assess your current position and the subsequent actions to be initiated to ensure your well-being, which is the priority of North Texas Hand Center, providing quick recovery rates.
- North Texas Hand Center has been awarded several prestigious awards like Top Doctors 2021 for disseminating high-quality services for various diseases such as Skin Cancer of the Hand & Upper Extremity, Sprained Thumb, Sprained Wrist, Stiff Hands, Tendon Transfer Surgery, etc. By prestigious and leading hand surgeons in Dallas, TX, who can diagnose to provide the best treatment and further prognosis and follow-ups and can handle emergency situations.
Squeeze Balls and Multisensory Learning Tools
In improving cognitive and cognitive function, competent and patient-centric occupational therapists by North Texas Hand Center often use squeeze balls to help children and adults with barriers involved in the functioning of hands.
- North Texas Hand Center uses multisensory tools providing multimodal integration of two or more sensors of sight, touch, sound, smell, and movement, providing sensory stimulators are used by many devices and environments to improve unity and connection to provide – Occupational therapist help achieve motor agility of your hands to rehabilitate the normal functioning for a dependable and quick rehabilitation guaranteeing occupational therapy in Dallas tx to alleviate disruptions the dexterity of the thumb, movement of fingers.
- North Texas Hand Center provides orthopedic services for hand injuries by a reliable and award-winning hand surgeon in Dallas, TX using the latest infrastructure tools for pain-free hand surgery related to assuage difficulties of hands.
Bailey Hand Assembly
Bailey’s Manual Assessment Tool assists in the assessment and program of industrial rehabilitation clients preparing to return to work. North Texas Hand Center’s occupational therapists use this tool for evaluating participants in career development or organizational restructuring programs under the most reliable occupational therapy in Dallas, TX.
- After that, use it to create a treatment plan that gives them different motor problems. Bolts, washers, and nuts are installed in the unit and can be tightened by hand, with an adjustable ring, or with an Allen key.
- This sturdy hardtop is small enough to fit on a tabletop and will last for years. Anyone who participates in a serious automotive mini-work program will be able to work with this tool because of the variety of challenges it presents.
An extended slant board can dramatically improve posture by bringing the writing surface towards the user instead of the other ways around. It also promotes proper wrist extension, support, and positioning. Oftentimes, patients at the North Texas Hand Center use slant boards under qualified and experienced occupational therapists providing occupational therapy in Dallas, TX. So that patients can write for longer periods of time due to reduced physical pressure from their shoulders to their hands.
Keep up the drill of reading for more occupational therapy in Dallas, TX related.
Occupational Therapy in Dallas, Denton, TX
Occupational therapy is not like physical therapy. OT does not consist of only exercises. Here you will find everything you want to know about occupational therapy.
Questions to Ask an Occupational Therapist
What is occupational therapy?
Occupational therapists help everyone develop the skills they need for their living and routine work. However, The occupational therapist treats the injured, disable people with different physical activities. The occupational therapists also take care of a person’s emotional state.
Helen Prentice, OT, MOT, CHT
Helen Prentice graduated from Austin College in 1981 with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. She received her Master of Occupational Therapy from Texas Woman’s University in 1984. She has focused her practice in outpatient hand therapy since 1995 and received her Certification in Hand Therapy in 1999. Helen has extensive experience in post-operative and post-trauma hand therapy as well as conservative management of hand and UE conditions. Treatment is individualize and based on a comprehensive initial evaluation. Treatments may include custom splinting, modalities, therapeutic activities, and exercises to address the patient’s specific need for a return to maximum independence in daily living and work skills. Helen enjoys reading (with a cat on her lap), walking, and playing the ukulele.