Accidents can happen anytime; one of the most common hand injuries is fractured. If you’ve experienced a hand fracture, it’s essential to understand the symptoms and seek appropriate treatment to ensure proper healing.
The North Texas Hand Center has a team of Hand Specialists in Dallas, TX, who are dedicated to providing exceptional care for hand fractures and other hand-related conditions. Our hand doctors are experienced in diagnosing and treating hand fractures, using advanced technology and diagnostic tools to assess the severity and location of the injury accurately.
Here are some common symptoms of hand fractures:
- Pain and Swelling: One of the most common symptoms of a hand fracture is intense pain and swelling at the injury site. You may also experience tenderness when touching or moving the affected hand.
- Deformity or Misalignment: A hand fracture can sometimes cause visible deformity or misalignment of the fingers or hand. It may be particularly noticeable if the fracture involves the bones near the joints.
- Limited Range of Motion: A hand fracture can restrict the normal range of motion in your fingers, hand, or wrist. You may find it difficult to bend or straighten your fingers or perform everyday tasks that require dexterity.
- Bruising or Discoloration: If you have a hand fracture, you may notice bruising or discoloration around the injured area. It is a result of blood vessels being damaged during the injury.
- Numbness or Tingling: Depending on the location and severity of the fracture, you may experience numbness or tingling sensations in the affected hand or fingers. It can occur due to nerve compression or damage.
If you suspect a hand fracture, it is essential to seek medical attention promptly. Our team of hand doctors in Dallas, TX, will conduct a thorough examination, including imaging tests such as X-rays or MRI scans, to accurately diagnose the fracture and assess its severity.
Treatment For Hand Fractures
Treatment for hand fractures usually involves immobilization with a cast or splint to help reduce pain and promote healing. If the fracture is severe, surgery may be necessary to realign and stabilize the broken bones with pins, plates, or screws.
In addition to our skilled hand surgeons, we also offer Occupational Therapy in Dallas, TX. After the healing process, occupational therapy plays a crucial role in rehabilitation after a hand fracture. Our dedicated hand therapists work closely with patients to develop personalized rehabilitation programs that focus on improving the range of motion, strengthening hand and wrist muscles, and regaining functional abilities. With our occupational therapy services, we aim to help patients regain optimal hand function and achieve a successful recovery.
Trust Our Hand Specialists
If you have sustained a hand fracture and are looking for skilled care, the North Texas Hand Center is here to help. Our team of qualified hand doctors has extensive experience diagnosing and treating various hand fractures.
Whether you need a hand specialist or a hand doctor in Dallas, TX, for a hand fracture or any other hand-related condition, Call us today. We understand the impact a hand fracture can have on your daily life, and we are committed to providing the highest quality treatment options to help you regain hand function and get back to doing the things you love.
Don’t let a hand fracture limit your potential. Contact the North Texas Hand Center today to schedule an appointment with our expert team.